Southern Living NOVEMBER 2008
1. Preheat oven to 350°. Bake pecans in a single layer in a shallow pan 8 to 10 minutes or until toasted and fragrant, stirring occasionally.
2. Whisk together flour, baking powder, and salt.
3. Pulse cranberries and sugar in a food processor 3 to 4 times or just until chopped.
4. Beat butter at medium speed with an electric mixer until creamy. Add egg, beating until well blended. Gradually add flour mixture alternately with orange juice, beginning and ending with flour mixture. Beat at low speed until blended after each addition. Stir in cranberry mixture and pecans.
5. Place baking cups in miniature muffin pans; coat with cooking spray. Spoon batter into baking cups, filling completely.
6. Bake at 350° for 25 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes clean. Remove from pans to a wire rack; spoon Orange-Cream Cheese Glaze over warm muffins. Garnish with Candied Kumquat Slices, if desired.
Note: To make ahead, place unglazed muffins in a heavy-duty zip-top plastic freezer bag; freeze up to two months. Let thaw at room temperature before glazing.
Go to full version of