No complaints, though nor was the tart anything out of the ordinary. The cranberry and orange flavors were delicious. I would really like to make this a 3.5
Randy Mayor; Lydia DeGaris-Pursell
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 274
- Calories from fat: 27%
- Fat: 8.2g
- Saturated fat: 4.4g
- Monounsaturated fat: 2.2g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.1g
- Protein: 2.5g
- Carbohydrate: 49.4g
- Fiber: 2.2g
- Cholesterol: 19mg
- Iron: 1.1mg
- Sodium: 105mg
- Calcium: 14mg
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons chilled butter, cut into small pieces
- 1/3 cup ice water
- Cooking spray
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- 2 1/2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup orange marmalade
- 2 tablespoons chopped walnuts, toasted
- 1 tablespoon grated orange rind
- 1 (12-ounce) package fresh cranberries
- Preheat oven to 425°.
- To prepare crust, lightly spoon flour into dry measuring cups; level with a knife. Combine flour, 2 tablespoons sugar, and salt in a bowl; cut in butter with a pastry blender or 2 knives until mixture resembles coarse meal.
- Sprinkle surface with ice water, 1 tablespoon at a time; toss with a fork until moist and crumbly (do not form a ball). Gently press mixture into a 4-inch circle on plastic wrap. Cover and chill for 15 minutes.
- Slightly overlap 2 lengths of plastic wrap on slightly damp surface. Unwrap and place chilled dough on plastic wrap. Cover dough with 2 additional lengths of overlapping plastic wrap. Roll dough, still covered, into a 14-inch circle. Place dough in freezer 5 minutes or until plastic wrap can be easily removed.
- Remove plastic wrap; fit dough into a 10-inch round removable-bottom tart pan coated with cooking spray. Fold edges under or flute decoratively.
- To prepare filling, combine juice and cornstarch in a large bowl; stir well with a whisk. Add remaining ingredients; stir well. Pour mixture into prepared pan.
- Bake at 425° for 20 minutes. Reduce oven temperature to 350° (do not remove tart from oven); bake an additional 35 minutes or until crust is lightly browned. Cool completely on a wire rack.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Desserts