Cranberry-Orange Sweet Potatoes
Nothing says "Thanksgiving" like sweet potatoes and cranberries. This tangy, sweet casserole is great with either ham or roasted turkey.
More From Oxmoor House
- 2 1/4 pounds sweet potatoes (about 4 medium)
- 1 cup fresh cranberries
- 1/3 cup water
- 3/4 cup orange marmalade
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- Cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- . Wrap each sweet potato in foil, and place on a baking sheet. Bake at 400° for 1 hour and 10 minutes or until very tender.
- . Combine cranberries and water in a medium saucepan. Bring to a boil; reduce heat, and simmer, uncovered, 4 minutes or until most cranberries pop. Remove from heat; add marmalade, and stir until marmalade melts. Stir in cinnamon and next 3 ingredients.
- . Scoop out pulp from potatoes; place pulp in a large mixing bowl. Discard potato skins. Mash pulp with a potato masher until smooth. Stir in cranberry mixture, and spoon into a 2-quart baking dish coated with cooking spray. Cover and bake at 400° for 15 minutes or until thoroughly heated.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note