We love this recipe on special holiday mornings. We are enjoying these scones with orange juice while watching the Rose Parade today!
Photo: J. Savage Gibson; Styling: Mary Lyn Hill
Yield: 8 servings
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon grated orange rind
- 1/2 cup butter, cut up
- 2/3 cup buttermilk
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- Combine first 6 ingredients; cut in butter with a pastry blender until mixture is crumbly. Add buttermilk and dried cranberries, stirring just until moistened.
- Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface; knead 5 or 6 times. Pat into an 8-inch circle. Cut into 8 wedges, and place 1 inch apart on a lightly greased baking sheet. Brush with milk, and sprinkle with 1 tablespoon sugar.
- Bake at 425° for 15 minutes or until scones are golden brown.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This