This is my favorite cranberry sauce. I've made it every Thanksgiving since '04 when I discovered it in Southern Living Christmas Cookbook. I don't use the port wine and it comes out fine. It's great on turkey sandwiches on leftovers. Love it!
- 2 (12-ounce) packages fresh cranberries
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons grated orange rind
- 1/3 cup fresh orange juice
- 2 (3
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 large navel oranges, peeled, sectioned, and chopped
- 1/4 cup port wine
- Stir together first 8 ingredients in a large saucepan; bring to a boil over medium-high heat, stirring often. Reduce heat; simmer 15 minutes or until cranberries pop and mixture starts to thicken, stirring often. Remove from heat. Discard cinnamon sticks. Stir in wine. Cool. Cover and chill until ready to serve.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This