- 1/2 cup mild honey, such as clover
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed orange juice
- 3/4 cup unsweetened cranberry juice, divided
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 cardamom pods, cracked open
- 1 cinnamon stick (3 in.)
- 1 to 3 teaspoon rose water*
- 1/2 orange, cut into half moons
- 1/4 cup firm fresh or frozen cranberries
How to Make It
Put honey and 1/2 cup water in a small pot over medium-high heat and bring to a gentle boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in orange juice, 1/4 cup cranberry juice, the lemon juice, cardamom, and cinnamon. Simmer 20 minutes, uncovered, stirring occasionally. Strain into a small bowl and let cool.
In a pitcher, combine syrup, remaining 1/2 cup cranberry juice, and the rose water with 4 1/2 cups cold water. Add orange slices and cranberries; stir. Chill at least 3 hours and up to 5.
To serve, add a couple of ice cubes to each glass and pour in sharbat.
*Find rose water at well-stocked grocery stores, Middle Eastern markets, and online. Different brands vary in strength, so start with the smaller amount and taste to see if you like it.