I thought these were OK. My husband thought they were the best I've made. Here are my adjustments: 1. Sifted dry ingredients together 2. I used 1 cup of wheat flour, 3/4 cup of flour and 1/4 cup of quick cooking oats 3. I only had dried cranberries so i soaked 1 cup of these in the orange juice (next time will heat tthem up to plump) 4. I used just short of 1/4c of oil and added 1 tbsp of butter 5. Added about 3/4 cup of greek yogurt 6. Even with the extra moisture from the yogurt, the dough was SUPER dry so I added some water and milk until I got the consistency I wanted 7. Baked at 400 degrees for 13 minutes.
Bake these cranberry orange muffins a day ahead, and once they've cooled, store in an airtight container. Freeze any leftovers in heavy-duty zip-top plastic bags.
Yield: 16 servings (serving size: 1 muffin)
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 169
- Calories from fat: 30%
- Fat: 5.6g
- Saturated fat: 0.5g
- Monounsaturated fat: 2.5g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 2.4g
- Protein: 2.5g
- Carbohydrate: 27.9g
- Fiber: 1.3g
- Cholesterol: 2.4mg
- Iron: 1mg
- Sodium: 236mg
- Calcium: 35mg
- 2 cups all-purpose flour (about 9 ounces)
- 1 cup sugar, divided
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons grated orange rind
- 3/4 cup orange juice (about 1 large orange)
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 2 cups coarsely chopped fresh cranberries (about 8 ounces)
- 1/3 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- Cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Lightly spoon flour into dry measuring cups; level with a knife. Set aside 1 tablespoon sugar. Combine flour, remaining sugar, baking powder, salt, and baking soda in a large bowl; make a well in center of mixture.
- Combine rind, juice, oil, and egg in a small bowl, stirring well with a whisk. Add to flour mixture, stirring just until moist. Fold in cranberries and walnuts. Spoon batter into 16 muffin cups coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle evenly with reserved sugar. Bake at 400° for 15 minutes or until the muffins spring back when touched lightly in center. Run a knife or spatula around outer edge of each muffin cup. Carefully remove each muffin; place on a wire rack.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note