I didn't have any oranges but had a glut of freebie Clementines so used the same recipe weight of those. It made quite a sweet marmalade - very delicious and moreish!! Will definitely make it again! My first attempt at jam/marmalade and I'm so impressed and proud of myself :) Tip - some people mentioned that the white pith makes the marmalade bitter. I used a knife to scrape any white pith off the rind before slicing it thinly! Ok it took some time but it was definitely worth it!!!
Cranberry Orange Marmalade
Make the most of abundant seasonal oranges and cranberries with this bright preserve. Serve with biscuits or toast for breakfast, or pair it with crackers, assorted cheeses, and nuts for a cheese platter. The sweet-sour marmalade pleasantly partners with pungent-flavored cheese, such as gorgonzola.
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 80
- Calories from fat: 0.0%
- Fat: 0.0g
- Saturated fat: 0.0g
- Monounsaturated fat: 0.0g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.0g
- Protein: 0.3g
- Carbohydrate: 21.5g
- Fiber: 2.2g
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- Iron: 0.1mg
- Sodium: 0.0mg
- Calcium: 16mg
- 3 1/2 pounds navel oranges (about 6 medium)
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 3 cups sugar, divided
- 1 (12-ounce) package fresh cranberries
- Carefully remove rind from 3 oranges using a vegetable peeler, making sure not to get any of the white pithy part of the rind. Slice rind into thin strips. Peel all oranges; cut into sections. Combine rind strips, sections, 1 1/2 cups water, and 1 cup sugar in a medium saucepan; bring mixture to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add remaining 2 cups sugar and cranberries to pan. Simmer 1 hour and 30 minutes or until thick, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat, and cool completely. Cover and chill.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Cranberry Orange Marmalade Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Sauces/Condiments
- CONVENIENCE: Entertaining, Gifts, Kid-Friendly, Make-Ahead, Portable/Picnic, 5 Ingredients or Less
- CUISINE: American
- MAIN INGREDIENT: Fruits
- DIETARY CONSIDERATION: Low Cholesterol, Low Fat, Low Saturated Fat, Low Sodium
- OCCASION: Autumn, Christmas, Thanksgiving, Winter
- PUBLICATION: Cooking Light