Rebecca Kracke Gordon of our Test Kitchens keeps a dozen or two of these tasty gems in the freezer for drop-in company.
More From Southern Living
Bake: 9 Minutes
- 2 cups plus 2 tablespoons all-purpose baking mix
- 1/2 cup chopped dried cranberries
- 1/3 cup buttermilk
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 6 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- 1/4 teaspoon grated orange rind
- Stir together baking mix, cranberries, buttermilk, and melted butter just until blended.
- Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface, and knead 1 to 2 times. Pat to a 1/2-inch thickness; cut with a 1 1/2-inch round cutter, and place on lightly greased baking sheets.
- Bake at 450° for 7 to 9 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Stir together powdered sugar, orange juice, and grated orange rind. Drizzle evenly over warm biscuits.
- Note: For testing purposes only, we used Bisquick all-purpose baking mix.
- To make ahead: Freeze unbaked biscuits on a lightly greased baking sheet 30 minutes or until frozen. Store in a zip-top plastic freezer bag up to 3 months. Bake as directed for 8 to 10 minutes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note