I was hesitant about 12 TBSP of butter. I made it anyway with 8 TBSP butter, add greek yogurt 4 TBSP, add 1TBSP orange zest. I followed the rest of the recipe . It turned out very good. Mild orange fragance, very moist and flavorful.
Cranberry-Orange Bundt Cakes
Make the cakes up to two weeks ahead. Wrap them tightly in plastic wrap and freeze, omitting any garnish. Thaw in the refrigerator overnight, and then dust or glaze. Look for mini Bundt pans at kitchen emporiums or big box stores. Be sure to coat the cups of the mini Bundt pan well with baking spray with flour added. Cakes will stick if you use regular cooking spray. Although the mini cakes are really cute, you can bake one large cake, if you prefer. It'll just need to bake longer, about 45 minutes total.
More From Cooking Light
Total: 55 Minutes
- Calories: 331
- Fat: 9.4g
- Saturated fat: 5.6g
- Sodium: 262mg
- Baking spray with flour (such as Baker's Joy)
- 13.5 ounces all-purpose flour (about 3 cups)
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 3/4 cups granulated sugar
- 12 tablespoons butter, softened
- 3 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup low-fat buttermilk
- 1 cup sweetened, dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup fresh orange juice
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup fresh orange juice
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons grated orange rind
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°.
- 2. Coat 18 mini Bundt cups with baking spray.
- 3. Weigh or lightly spoon flour into dry measuring cups, and level with a knife. Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, and 1/2 teaspoon salt in a bowl, stirring well with a whisk.
- 4. Place granulated sugar and 12 tablespoons butter in a large bowl; beat with a mixer at medium speed until well blended. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla. Add flour mixture and buttermilk alternately to butter mixture, beginning and ending with flour mixture.
- 5. Combine dried cranberries and 1/2 cup orange juice in a microwave-safe dish. Microwave at HIGH for 1 minute; let stand 10 minutes. Fold cranberry mixture into batter.
- 6. Spoon batter evenly into prepared pans. Bake at 350° for 18 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in centers comes out with moist crumbs clinging. Cool 5 minutes in pans on a wire rack; remove from pans.
- 7. Combine powdered sugar, 1/4 cup fresh orange juice, melted butter, and grated orange rind, stirring until smooth. Dip tops of cooled cakes in glaze; let stand until set.
- Dip & Swirl: For a glaze that completely covers the cakes, dip the tops into glaze and swirl them around a bit to make sure the glaze coats and sticks.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note