Nectarine's were not in season so I used mandarin oranges. I really liked this, but it was not a hit with the family. I think the balsamic vinegar was a little too strong for them.
Photo: Jennifer Davick; Styling: Mindi Shapiro Levine
More From Southern Living
Other: 20 Minutes
- 1 (3-oz.) package Oriental-flavored ramen noodle soup mix
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1 cup hot water
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1 tablespoon light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 (10-oz.) package gourmet mixed salad greens, thoroughly washed
- 3 large nectarines, peeled and cut in wedges
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped walnuts
- 1 (4-oz.) package crumbled feta cheese
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. Reserve flavor packet from soup mix. Crumble noodles, and place in a single layer in a shallow pan.
- 2. Bake at 350° for 5 to 6 minutes or until toasted, stirring occasionally. Cool completely in pan on a wire rack (about 15 minutes).
- 3. Place cranberries in a small bowl; add 1 cup hot water. Let stand 5 minutes; drain.
- 4. Whisk together reserved flavor packet, canola oil, and next 4 ingredients in a large bowl. Add ramen noodles, cranberries, gourmet greens, and next 3 ingredients, tossing gently to coat. Serve immediately.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Salads