More From Oxmoor House
- 2 1/4 cups sugar
- 1 cup water
- 1 orange
- 1 pound fresh cranberries (4 cups)
- 4 cups vodka
- Combine sugar and water in a medium saucepan; cook, stirring constantly, over medium heat 5 minutes or until sugar dissolves. Remove from heat, and cool completely.
- Meanwhile, remove rind from orange with a vegetable peeler, being careful not to get the bitter white pith. Cut rind into strips, and set aside.
- Process cranberries in a food processor 2 minutes or until very finely chopped. Combine sugar solution, orange rind, and cranberries in a 1-gallon jar; stir in vodka. Cover with lid, and store in a cool, dark place for 1 month.
- Line a wire-mesh strainer with 2 layers of cheesecloth; strain liqueur through cheesecloth into a bowl. Discard solids. Carefully pour liqueur into clean bottles or jars.
- Note: Cranberry Liqueur can be stored in a cool, dark place for up to a year.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Beverages