great gift and great xmas cocktail!
Presented in small decanters or glass bottles, Cranberry Liqueur makes a memorable gift. Attach a gift tag and include the following: "Cranberry Cosmopolitan: 1/2 cup Cranberry Liqueur, 1/4 cup Cointreau, 2 tablespoons lime juice. Mix with 1 cup crushed ice; strain into martini glass. Makes 2 cocktails."
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 193
- Calories from fat: 0.0%
- Fat: 0.0g
- Saturated fat: 0.0g
- Monounsaturated fat: 0.0g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.0g
- Protein: 0.1g
- Carbohydrate: 25g
- Fiber: 0.8g
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- Iron: 0.1mg
- Sodium: 1.2mg
- Calcium: 1.8mg
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup water
- 1 (12-ounce) package fresh cranberries
- 3 cups vodka
- Combine sugar and water in a medium saucepan; cook over medium heat 5 minutes or until sugar dissolves, stirring constantly. Remove from heat, and cool completely.
- Place cranberries in a food processor; process 2 minutes or until finely chopped. Combine sugar mixture and cranberries in a large bowl; stir in vodka.
- Pour the vodka mixture into clean jars; secure with lids. Let stand 3 weeks in a cool, dark place, shaking every other day.
- Strain the cranberry mixture through a cheesecloth-lined sieve into a bowl, and discard solids. Carefully pour liqueur into clean bottles or jars.
- Note: Liqueur can be stored refrigerated or at room temperature for up to a year.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note