Cranberry Linzer Torte
Notes: Up to 1 day ahead, bake and cool torte, then wrap airtight and hold at room temperature.
Yield: Makes 10 to 12 servings
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 412
- Calories from fat: 48%
- Protein: 4.6g
- Fat: 22g
- Saturated fat: 10g
- Carbohydrate: 52g
- Fiber: 2.8g
- Sodium: 160mg
- Cholesterol: 77mg
- 3 cups (12-oz. package) fresh or thawed frozen cranberries
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon grated orange peel
- Linzer crust
- 1. Sort cranberries and discard any soft or decayed fruit. Rinse berries.
- 2. In a 2- to 2 1/2-quart pan over high heat, stir cranberries, 1/4 cup water, sugar, and orange peel until boiling. Continue to stir often until mixture has the consistency of soft jam, about 4 minutes. Let cool about 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 3. Pour cranberry mixture into crust. Break reserved dough into almond-size lumps and scatter over filling.
- 4. Bake on the lowest rack in a 350° oven until crust is richly browned at edges, about 1 hour. Serve cool.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Cranberry Linzer Torte Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Desserts, Cakes/Frostings
- CONVENIENCE: Entertaining
- CUISINE: American, Austrian
- MAIN INGREDIENT: Fruits
- DIETARY CONSIDERATION: Meatless
- COOKING METHOD: Food Processor, Bake
- OCCASION: Autumn, Winter, Christmas, New Year's, Thanksgiving, Valentine's Day, Birthdays/Anniversaries
- PUBLICATION: Sunset