In the preparation instructions, you refer to baking soda being added with the flour and other ingredients; however, the initial ingredient list does not have baking soda listed, nor the amount needed. Made a big difference when making cookies. The flavor was wonderful. I will try another batch with 1/2 teaspoon baking soda.
Cranberry-Lemon Sugar Cookies
Round up the family and get baking—learn how this twist on a classic recipe is perfect for the holiday season!
More From Country Crock®
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries, chopped
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup Country Crock Spread®
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar, divided
- 1/2 cup confectioners sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven 350°.
- Combine flour, cranberries, lemon peel, baking soda, cream of tartar and salt in medium bowl; set aside.
- Beat Country Crock® Spread, 1/2 cup granulated sugar and confectioners sugar in large bowl with electric mixer until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla until blended. Gradually beat in flour mixture just until blended.
- Shape dough into 1-inch balls, then roll in remaining 1/4 cup granulated sugar; arrange on ungreased baking sheets, 2 inches apart. Flatten each with the bottom of a glass.
- Bake 10 minutes or until edges are slightly golden. Cool 2 minutes on wire rack; remove cookies from sheets and cool completely.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note