This one is a family favourite without the pineapple preserves.
Cranberry Jezebel Sauce
This fabulous sauce doubles as an appetizer when poured over cream cheese and served with assorted crackers.
Yield: Makes about 3 cups
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1 (12-ounce) bag fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1/2 cup pineapple preserves
- 3 tablespoons prepared horseradish
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- Bring first 3 ingredients to a boil, stirring often, in a saucepan over medium-high heat; add cranberries.
- Return mixture to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer, stirring often, 10 minutes or until cranberry skins begin to pop and mixture begins to thicken. Remove from heat.
- Stir in preserves, horseradish, and mustard; remove pan from heat, and let sauce cool. Cover and chill until ready to serve.
- Note: Sauce may be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator up to two weeks.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This