This is a "bright"-tasting salsa, a nice change from regular salsa. Wonderful for the holiday season. Next time I might add a bit more jalapeno. This will definately be added to my list of favorite holiday recipes.
Photo: Jennifer Davick; Styling: Buffy Hargett
More From Southern Living
2 Hours, 10 Minutes
- 1 (12-oz.) package fresh cranberries
- 1/3 to 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 to 3 chopped green onions
- 1 seeded and chopped jalapeño pepper
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Tortilla chips
- Garnish: lime wedges
- Pulse cranberries and sugar in a food processor 3 to 4 times or until coarsely chopped, stopping to scrape down sides. Add chopped green onions, chopped jalapeño pepper, grated fresh ginger, lemon juice, and salt; pulse 3 to 4 times or until chopped. Stir in chopped fresh cilantro. Cover and chill 2 to 24 hours. Serve with tortilla chips. Garnish with lime wedges, if desired.
- Note: To make ahead, prepare recipe as directed, omitting fresh cilantro. Freeze in an airtight container up to 1 month. Thaw in refrigerator 12 hours. Stir in cilantro just before serving.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Appetizers