This recipe gets 4 stars instead of 5 because it needs some changes from the original directions. I've been using this recipe since it was published in 2004, for all my most special occasions and it is always gets rave reviews. I love it because it's quick and simple too. No stress!
1. I use whole berry cranberry sauce instead of chutney. In my rural area we can't find chutney and I think the whole berry sauce is even better.
2. Instead of using chicken broth in the sauce, I use 3 chicken boullion cubes smooshed up. That takes care of the problem of the sauce being too thin.
3. I use garlic powder- 1 teaspoon for each clove I replace.
4. I always use fresh thyme from my garden- it makes a difference!
5. I still boil the sauce 5 - 10 minutes before using it on the pork.
6. Instead of pouring all the sauce over the roast, I baste the roast with 1/3 cup of the sauce every 10 minutes.
7. Make twice as much sauce and set aside half for serving along side the pork in a gravy boat.
OK, now I'm HUNGRY! :)
Eat Well. Lose Weight. Live Healthy. Delicious and healthy recipes customized for you!