I have made this for my family every year since I first found the recipe in the November 2005 issue of Cottage Living. One very important step was left out of the recipe as it is written here: be sure to remove the cloves before serving.
Cranberry Ginger Chutney
- 1 (12-ounce) bag cranberries, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1 large Granny Smith apple, cored, seeded, and chopped
- 1 (1-inch) piece fresh ginger, peeled and thinly slivered
- 1 cup apple juice
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 whole cloves
- Combine all ingredients in a 3 1/2-quart saucepan. Bring to a boil; reduce heat to low, and simmer, stirring occasionally, 3 minutes or until some cranberries begin to pop and all sugar has dissolved. Remove from heat, and allow to cool. Store, refrigerated, in an airtight container until ready to use.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note