- 1 package dry yeast (about 2 1/4 teaspoons)
- 1/2 cup warm water (100° to 110°)
- 4.6 ounces brown rice flour (about 1 cup)
- 3.4 ounces millet flour (about 3/4 cup)
- 2.6 ounces potato starch (about 1/2 cup)
- 2.3 ounces cornstarch (about 1/2 cup)
- 0.9 ounce flaxseed meal (about 1/4 cup)
- 2 teaspoons xanthan gum
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup 1% low-fat milk
- 1/4 cup non-dairy buttery spread (such as Earth Balance), melted and cooled
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 3/4 cup sweetened dried cranberries
- 3/4 cup chopped walnuts
- Cooking spray
- calories 189
- fat 8.3 g
- satfat 1.4 g
- monofat 2.3 g
- polyfat 4 g
- protein 3.8 g
- carbohydrate 25.8 g
- fiber 2.8 g
- cholesterol 24 mg
- iron 0.7 mg
- sodium 152 mg
- calcium 24 mg
How to Make It
Dissolve yeast in 1/2 cup warm water in a small bowl; let stand 5 minutes.
Weigh or lightly spoon flours, potato starch, cornstarch, and flaxseed meal into dry measuring cups; level with a knife. Combine flours, potato starch, cornstarch, flaxseed meal, xanthan gum, and salt in a large bowl, stirring with a whisk. Add yeast mixture, milk, buttery spread, and eggs; beat with a mixer at low speed until blended. Fold in cranberries and walnuts.
Spoon batter into a 9 x 5-inch loaf pan coated with cooking spray. Cover with plastic wrap, and let rise in a warm place (85°), free from drafts, 2 hours or until dough has risen almost to top of pan.
Preheat oven to 400°.
Bake at 400° for 30 minutes or until bread sounds hollow when tapped. Remove from pan; cool on a wire rack.