Yummy just sweet enough enormous cornmeal muffin! And a great use of fresh cranberries.
Studded with fresh cranberries, Cranberry-Cornmeal Muffins are both delicious and nutritious while delivering a great on-the-go-breakfast or snack.
More From Allyou
Bake: 18 Minutes
- Calories: 269
- Fat: 10g
- Saturated fat: 6g
- Protein: 5g
- Carbohydrate: 41g
- Fiber: 2g
- Cholesterol: 55mg
- Sodium: 273mg
- 8 tablespoons (1 stick) unsalted butter, cut into pieces
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 1/4 cups plain yogurt (not nonfat)
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 teaspoon maple extract, optional
- 1 1/2 cups fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1. Preheat oven to 400ºF. Line a 12-cup muffin tin with paper liners or mist with cooking spray. Melt butter in a pan over medium-low heat. Transfer to a medium bowl and let cool.
- 2. In a bowl, whisk flour, cornmeal, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Whisk sugar and maple syrup in another bowl with butter until smooth. Whisk in yogurt, eggs and maple extract, if desired. Stir butter mixture into flour mixture until just moistened. Fold in cranberries.
- 3. Divide batter among muffin cups. Bake until muffins are golden and a toothpick inserted into center of a muffin comes out clean, 15 to 18 minutes. Let muffins cool in pan 5 minutes, then turn out onto a rack to cool completely.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note