Everyone like this - even the ones in my family that don't care for jello
Cranberry Congealed Salad
Photo: Tina Cornett; Styling: Mary Lyn H. Jenkins
Yield: Makes 6 servings
More From Southern Living
Chill: 2 Hours
- 1 (3-ounce) package cherry-flavored gelatin
- 3/4 cup boiling water
- 1 (16-ounce) can whole-berry cranberry sauce
- 1 orange, sectioned, chopped, and drained
- 1/2 cup diced apple
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- Lettuce leaves
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1. Stir together gelatin and 3/4 cup boiling water until gelatin dissolves. Stir in cranberry sauce until blended. Chill until the consistency of unbeaten egg white. Fold in orange, apple, and pecans.
- 2. Spoon mixture into 6 lightly greased 2/3-cup molds or custard cups; cover and chill until firm.
- 3. Unmold onto lettuce leaves. Stir together sour cream and mayonnaise; dollop over each salad.
- Note: Salad may be prepared in a 5-cup mold.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note