Make Cranberry Compote at your next holiday meal for a delicious and classic side dish.
More From Southern Living
Cool: 15 Minutes
- 2 (12-oz.) packages fresh cranberries
- 1 3/4 cups sugar
- 1 tablespoon grated orange rind
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons orange liqueur
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon rind
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- 1. Stir together all ingredients in a heavy saucepan over medium-high heat; cook, stirring often, 5 to 7 minutes or until cranberry skins begin to split. Reduce to heat medium-low, and cook, stirring occasionally, 5 minutes or until thickened. Remove from heat, and let cool 15 minutes. Remove and discard cinnamon stick. Store mixture in an airtight container in refrigerator up to 1 week.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note