From Martha Stewart - This simple batter is similar to Pancake Batter, Poured into a pan with fruit, it bakes into a creamy custard
Cool: 15 Minutes
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 tablespoon(s) Unsalted Butter, Room Temp For Dish
- 1/2 cup(s) Plus 2 Tablespoons Granulated Sugar
- 1/4 cup(s) Plus 2 Tablespoons All Purpose Flour
- pinch(s) Salt
- 2 Large Eggs
- 1 cup(s) Chilled Heavy Cream
- 3/4 cup(s) Whole Milk
- 2 teaspoon(s) Orange Zest Finely Grated
- 1 1/2 cup(s) Fresh or Thawed frozen cranberries coarsely chopped
- Confectioners Sugar for Garnish
- 1. Preheat oven to 400. Butter a 1-quart baking dish (not metal) using a pastry brush; sprinkle 2 tablespoons granulated sugar over bottom. Sift remaining 1/2 cup granulated sugar, the flour and salt into a large bowl. Gradually whisk in eggs, 3/4 cup cream, the milk and zest.
- 2. Scatter Cranberries into dish; pour batter over top. Bake until puffed, slightly set and brown around edges. 32 to 34 minutes. Let cool on a wire rack for 15 minutes. (it will sink).
- 3. Whisk remaining heavy cream until soft peaks form. Dust clafouti with confections sugar.
- Serve with Whipped cream.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by jreinke and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note