Serve for a holiday meal with turkey or ham or as a quick appetizer with gingersnaps and cream cheese.
Yield: 10 pints
- 8 (16-ounce) cans jellied whole-berry cranberry sauce
- 2 cups firmly packed light brown sugar
- 2 cups chopped dates
- 2 cups currants or raisins
- 2 cups slivered almonds
- 2 cups apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup minced crystallized ginger
- 2 teaspoons ground allspice
- Combine all ingredients in a large Dutch oven. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly; reduce heat, and simmer, stirring occasionally, 30 minutes.
- Cool, place in jars, and store in refrigerator up to 2 weeks. For longer storage, pack chutney into hot sterilized jars, filling to 1/2 inch from top; remove air bubbles, and wipe jar rims. Cover at once with metal lids, and screw on bands. Process in boiling water bath 5 minutes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This