I made my own chicken salad recipe and then added the others ingredients. Their savory flavor was delicious and a great twist on the empanada. I will be making again.
Cranberry Chicken Salad Empanadas
Look for a premium, freshly made deli chicken salad, or use leftover holiday turkey. One empanada makes the perfect appetizer; two with a small salad fit the entrée bill.
More From Oxmoor House
- 1 (15-oz.) package refrigerated piecrusts
- 1 cup deli chicken salad
- 1/3 cup sweetened dried cranberries
- 1/3 cup pecan pieces, toasted
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- Working with 1 crust at a time, unroll piecrust according to package directions onto a lightly floured surface. Cut each piecrust into 4 (4 1/2") circles.
- Combine chicken salad, cranberries, and pecans in a bowl. Spoon about 2 Tbsp. chicken salad mixture in center of each circle. Brush edges of circles with beaten egg. Fold dough over filling for each empanada, pressing edges with a fork to seal. Place empanadas onto a lightly greased baking sheet, and brush with beaten egg. Repeat procedure with remaining piecrust circles, chicken salad mixture, and beaten egg.
- Bake at 400° for 16 minutes or until lightly browned. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note