Cranberry and Chestnut Dressing
Chestnuts add richness to this intriguing side dish. Bottled chestnuts are available year-round at the site www.chefshop.com. Shield the dish with foil at the end of baking if it's getting too brown.
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 220
- Calories from fat: 28%
- Fat: 6.9g
- Saturated fat: 2.6g
- Monounsaturated fat: 2.7g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.8g
- Protein: 6.2g
- Carbohydrate: 34.2g
- Fiber: 3.1g
- Cholesterol: 13mg
- Iron: 0.8mg
- Sodium: 635mg
- Calcium: 28mg
- Cooking spray
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 3/4 cup chopped pancetta (about 5 ounces)
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped bottled chestnuts
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh sage
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 8 ounces day-old Italian or French bread, torn into 1-inch pieces
- 2 1/4 cups fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add onion, pancetta, and garlic; cook 8 minutes or until onion is tender and pancetta is browned, stirring frequently. Stir in wine; cook until liquid evaporates, scraping pan to loosen browned bits. Remove from heat.
- Add cranberries, chestnuts, sage, salt, and pepper to pancetta mixture; stir until combined. Combine pancetta mixture and bread in a large bowl. Pour broth over bread mixture; toss to combine. Spoon into an 11 x 7-inch baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- Bake at 400° for 30 minutes or until golden brown.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note