A huge hit each and every time I bake these delicious bars! I would recommend preparing as directed with no substitutes or alterations.
- 1 cup fresh cranberries
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 1/3 cups all-purpose flour, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 cups uncooked regular oats
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1 cup butter or margarine, melted
- 1 (10-ounce) package chopped dates
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1 (12-ounce) jar caramel sauce
- Stir together cranberries and 2 tablespoons sugar in a small bowl; set aside.
- Combine 2 cups flour and next 4 ingredients; stir in melted butter until crumbly. Reserve 1 cup flour mixture. Press remaining mixture into bottom of a lightly greased 13- x 9-inch baking dish.
- Bake at 350° for 15 minutes. Sprinkle with dates, pecans, and cranberry mixture. Stir together caramel sauce and remaining 1/3 cup flour; spoon over cranberries. Sprinkle with reserved 1 cup flour mixture. Bake 20 more minutes or until lightly browned. Cool on a wire rack. Cut into bars.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Desserts