Enjoy these scones fresh from the oven with a dollop of butter or as an afternoon snack with tea...they're a favorite anytime you eat them.
Yield: Makes 10
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 2/3 cup sweetened dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Stir together first 5 ingredients; cut in butter with a pastry blender. Stir in cranberries. Combine buttermilk, egg and vanilla; mix into flour mixture until just moistened.
- Drop dough in 10 tablespoonfuls onto a greased baking sheet. Bake at 375° for 15 minutes or until golden.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This