- 1 1/2 cups sweet vermouth*
- 1 1/2 cups apple cider
- 6 large Granny Smith or Rome apples
- 5 tablespoons sugar
- 6 tablespoons dried cranberries
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine,cut up
- vanilla ice cream (optional)
How to Make It
Boil vermouth and apple cider in a saucepan about 40 minutes or until reduced to 1 cup.
Core apples, cutting to but not through bottom ends; place in a lightly greased 11- x 7-inch baking dish. Fill each apple with 2 teaspoons sugar and 1 tablespoon cranberries. Pour vermouth mixture over apples. Combine remaining 1 tablespoon sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle evenly over apples. Dot apples with butter.
Bake, covered, at 350° for 15 minutes. Uncover and bake 15 more minutes or until tender, basting occasionally. Serve with ice cream, if desired.
* 1 1/2 cups apple cider may be substituted for vermouth.