I also make this every Thanksgiving ans several times through the year. It's easy, tastes great and also recommend making the day before. Everyone likes it and most years, I need to make a double batch to have enough. Great anytime but highly recommend for guests and larger parties.
Cranberry, Apple, and Walnut Relish
Three days ahead: Make this relish up to 3 days ahead, then store it in the refrigerator. Walnuts add a slight crunch and richness.
Yield: 4 cups (serving size: 1/3 cup)
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 121
- Calories from fat: 25%
- Fat: 3.3g
- Saturated fat: 0.2g
- Monounsaturated fat: 0.7g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 2.1g
- Protein: 1.5g
- Carbohydrate: 23.2g
- Fiber: 2.1g
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- Iron: 0.3mg
- Sodium: 2mg
- Calcium: 7mg
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup cranberry-apple juice
- 1 pound fresh cranberries
- 4 cups diced peeled Granny Smith apple (about 1 pound)
- 2/3 cup coarsely chopped walnuts
- Combine sugar, juice, and cranberries in a large saucepan; bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat; simmer 15 minutes or until cranberries pop and mixture thickens.
- Remove from heat; stir in apple and walnuts. Spoon into a bowl; cool. Cover and chill at least 4 hours.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Cranberry, Apple, and Walnut Relish Recipe at a Glance