Cranberry-Apple Pie Filling
Make ahead: Prepare through Step 2. Chill up to 1 week.
This recipe goes with Cranberry-Apple Pie
More From Southern Living
Total: 1 Hour, 45 Minutes
- 3 pounds Granny Smith apples
- 3 pounds Braeburn apples
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup sweetened dried cranberries
- 1. Peel apples, and cut into 1/2-inch-thick wedges; toss with sugar and 1/3 cup flour.
- 2. Melt butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat; add apple mixture, and saute 15 to 20 minutes or until apples are tender; stir in cranberries. Remove from heat. Cool completely (about 1 hour).
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note