Sparkling sugar can be found in specialty supermarkets, stores that carry cake-decorating supplies, or ordered online from www.wilton.com.
More From Southern Living
Bake: 45 Minutes
- 1 (15-oz.) package refrigerated piecrusts, divided
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten and divided
- Cranberry-Apple Pie Filling
- 1/4 cup sparkling sugar
- 1. Fit 1 piecrust into a 9-inch pieplate according to package directions; trim off excess piecrust along edges. Brush edges of piecrust with egg. Spoon Cranberry-Apple Pie Filling into piecrust, mounding filling in center of pie.
- 2. Unroll remaining piecrust on a lightly floured surface. Brush piecrust lightly with egg; sprinkle evenly with sparkling sugar. Using the width of a ruler as a guide, cut the piecrust into 9 (1-inch-wide) strips. Arrange strips in a lattice design over filling; gently press ends of strips, sealing to bottom piecrust. Place pie on a baking sheet.
- 3. Bake pie at 400° for 45 minutes on lower oven rack, shielding with aluminum foil after 30 minutes to prevent excessive browning. Remove from oven, and let cool on a wire rack.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note