Cranberry and Orange Pancakes
These pancakes are delicately flavoured with a dashing of cranberry and orange sauce. Crown them with natural yogurt or crème fraîche and they will disappear as fast as you cooked them. Absolutely top hole - I have to say.
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 8 ounce(s) Plain White Flour
- 1 teaspoon(s) Baking Powder
- Half teaspoon(s) Bicarbonate of Soda
- Half teaspoon(s) Salt
- 2 tablespoon(s) Castor Sugar
- 142ml Soured Cream
- 2 Eggs
- 125ml Semi-Skimmed Milk
- 1 jar(s) Cranberry Sauce
- 1 1/2 ounce(s) Butter
- 1 bottle(s) Vegetable Oil
- Sift all the dry ingredients for the batter into a bowl. Stir in the sugar and make a well in the centre of the ingredients.
- In a jug beat together the soured cream, eggs, milk and cooled butter. Beat this into the dry ingredients until the consistency is smooth and thick. Stir in half of the jar of cranberry sauce mixing it just until it is evenly incorporated. If possible (but not vital) leave the mixture to stand for 30 minutes.
- Put the remaining cranberry sauce into suitable cookware such as a saucepan with the orange zest and juice, heat gently, stirring, until it is heated through and smooth. Alternatively, heat in a microwaveable bowl, covered with pierced cling wrap, for 1 minute on full power then stir and repeat the heating process for 30 seconds.
- To cook the pancakes, heat one tablespoon of the vegetable oil in the frying pan over a medium setting. When the oil is hot, wipe out the excess using kitchen paper towels.
- Spoon about 3 tablespoons (1/4 cup) of batter into the pan and cook until bubbles break through the top surface. Flip the pancake over and cook the other side until it is pale golden in colour. Keep warm on a plate loosely covered in aluminium foil while the remaining pancakes are cooked. Lightly oil the pan between pancakes
- Serve each pancake with a little of the cranberry sauce and a spoonful of plain yogurt or crème fraîche.
- Courtesy of Le Creuset - http://www.lecreuset.co.uk/
This recipe is a personal recipe added by minuteman and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note