- 3/4 cup water, divided
- 1 2/3 cups chopped dried apricots (about 8 ounces)
- 3/4 cup dried cranberries (about 3 ounces) or sweetened dried cranberries (such as Craisins)
- 1 (12-ounce) can apricot nectar
- 1 teaspoon grated orange rind
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons stick margarine, melted
- 11 cups (1/4-inch-thick) sliced peeled sweet potato (about 4 pounds)
- Cooking spray
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar, divided
- calories 263
- caloriesfromfat 9 %
- fat 2.5 g
- satfat 0.5 g
- monofat 0.9 g
- polyfat 0.7 g
- protein 3 g
- carbohydrate 60 g
- fiber 4.7 g
- cholesterol 0.0 mg
- iron 2 mg
- sodium 57 mg
- calcium 51 mg
How to Make It
Combine 1/2 cup water, chopped apricots, cranberries, and nectar in a medium saucepan. Bring to a boil; cook 2 minutes. Remove from heat, and let stand, covered, 20 minutes. Drain apricot mixture in a colander over a bowl, reserving apricot mixture and cooking liquid. Add rind, orange juice, and margarine to cooking liquid; set aside.
Combine the sweet potato and 1/4 cup water in a 3-quart casserole. Cover with casserole lid; microwave at high 18 minutes or until tender, stirring after 9 minutes. Drain well; set aside.
Preheat oven to 350°.
Arrange half of sweet potatoes in a 3-quart casserole coated with cooking spray; top with half of apricot mixture and 1/4 cup sugar. Repeat procedure with remaining sweet potato, apricot mixture, and 1/4 cup sugar. Pour reserved cooking liquid over sweet potato mixture. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30 minutes or until bubbly.