I have been preparing this recipe ever since I read it in Southern Living several years ago. My family and friends love it and I try to always be prepared to give out this recipe. I do use three or four 8 oz. blocks of cream cheese instead of the recommended two 8 oz. blocks. It is the best holiday and special occasion recipe.I serve it at Bridal Teas with ginger snaps and I also serve it with a meal as an accompliment.It is fantastic!
Cranberry Ambrosia-Cream Cheese Spread
- 2 (8-ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 (6-ounce) package sweetened dried cranberries, divided
- 1 (15 1/2-ounce) can crushed pineapple
- 1 (11-ounce) can mandarin oranges
- 1 (3 1/2-ounce) can shredded coconut, divided
- 1 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 8 pecan halves, toasted
- Stir together cream cheese and sugar until blended. Add dried cranberries, reserving 1/4 cup cranberries.
- Drain pineapple and oranges; pat dry between layers of paper towels. Set oranges aside.
- Stir pineapple and coconut into cream cheese mixture, reserving 1/4 cup coconut. Stir in chopped pecans. Spoon mixture into a serving bowl.
- Sprinkle reserved dried cranberries around edges of bowl. Arrange orange sections around inside edge of cranberries. Sprinkle reserved 1/4 cup coconut in center, and top with pecan halves. Serve with gingersnaps.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note