Yield: Makes 1 (4-layer) cake
- Cranberry-Ambrosia Filling
- Sour Cream Cake Layers (using 9-inch round cakepans)
- Cream Cheese Frosting
- 1 1/2 cups Sugared Pecans
- 1/2 cup sweetened flaked coconut
- Garnishes: fresh mint sprigs, cranberries, and orange rind strips
- Spread Cranberry-Ambrosia Filling between layers and on top of cake. Reserve 1 1/2 cups Cream Cheese Frosting, and set aside. Spread the remaining Cream Cheese Frosting on sides of cake.
- Combine pecans and coconut, and press into sides of cake.
- Spoon remaining 1 1/2 cups Cream Cheese Frosting into a decorating bag fitted with a star tip. Pipe a border around top and bottom edges of cake. Store in refrigerator, or freeze, if desired. Garnished, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Cakes/Frostings