Teatime calls for Cranberry-Almond Shortbread. Vary this shortbread by using lemon zest instead of orange, walnuts instead of almonds, or currants instead of cranberries.
More From Allyou
Bake: 30 Minutes
- Calories: 157
- Fat: 9g
- Saturated fat: 5g
- Protein: 2g
- Carbohydrate: 19g
- Fiber: 1g
- Cholesterol: 20mg
- Sodium: 50mg
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- 8 tablespoons unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon grated orange zest
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries, coarsely chopped
- 2 ounces white chocolate, melted, optional
- 1. Preheat oven to 325ºF; line a baking sheet with foil. Put almonds in a small heavy skillet over medium heat and toast, stirring and watching carefully, until golden brown, about 4 minutes. Transfer to a plate to cool.
- 2. In a bowl, using an electric mixer on medium-high speed, beat butter, sugar, zest and salt until light, about 3 minutes. Reduce speed to low and mix in flour. Mix in cranberries and almonds.
- 3. Press dough into a 9-inch tart pan with removable bottom or a 9-inch springform pan. Prick all over with a fork. Use a sharp paring knife to cut into 12 wedges. Set pan on top of baking sheet. Bake until golden and firm at edges but still a little soft in center, about 30 minutes. Recut into wedges while still warm. Let cool completely in pan on a wire rack. Remove pan sides and separate wedges. Drizzle with melted white chocolate, if desired, and serve.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note