The taste of these granola bars were amazing. However, they didn't stick very well and ended up having some loose bits, which were still good in yogurt but left something to be desired for the bar feeling.
Cranberry-Almond Granola Bars
Photo: Jennifer Davick
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 (10 1/2-oz.) package miniature marshmallows
- 1 (15-oz.) box honey-almond-flax multi-grain cluster cereal
- 3 cups crisp rice cereal
- 1 (6-oz.) package sweetened dried cranberries
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Melt 3 Tbsp. butter in a buttered Dutch oven over low heat. Add 1 (10 1/2-oz.) package miniature marshmallows, and cook, stirring occasionally, until melted. Remove from heat. Meanwhile, process 1 (15-oz.) box honey-almond-flax multi-grain cluster cereal, in batches, in a food processor until finely ground; combine with 3 cups crisp rice cereal, 1 (6-oz.) package sweetened dried cranberries, and 1 tsp. salt. Stir into marshmallow mixture. Press cereal mixture into a buttered 15- x 10-inch jelly-roll pan. Let stand 1 hour. Cut into 40 (1 1/4- x 3-inch) bars.
- Cook's Notes: For testing purposes, we used Kashi GOLEAN Crunch honey-almond-flax cereal. For easy travel, layer bars with parchment paper in disposable plastic containers with lids.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note