This chicken salad recipe was fine but an odd combination. The cranberries really did not pair well with the Greek seasoning. I would reccommend trying the artichoke-pecan option instead.
Cranberry-Almond Chicken Salad
Photo: Beth Dreiling Hontzas; Styling: Buffy Hargett
More From Southern Living
Bake: 5 Minutes
Cool: 15 Minutes
- 2/3 cup slivered almonds
- 3 cups chopped cooked chicken
- 3/4 cup sweetened dried cranberries
- 2 celery ribs, diced
- 1/2 small sweet onion, diced
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon Greek seasoning
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. Bake almonds in a single layer in a shallow pan 5 to 7 minutes or until lightly toasted and fragrant. Cool completely in pan on a wire rack (about 15 minutes).
- 2. Stir together almonds, chicken, dried cranberries, and remaining ingredients; serve immediately, or cover and chill up to 24 hours.
- Artichoke-Pecan Chicken Salad: Substitute 1 cup coarsely chopped pecans for almonds and 1 (14-oz.) can artichoke hearts for cranberries. Drain artichokes, and pat dry with paper towels. Coarsely chop artichokes. Proceed with recipe as directed.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note