Super easy and delicious
Sweeten the holidays with homemade candy. Share edible gifts wrapped in festive boxes or bags.
Yield: About 1 1/3 lb. bark or 14 servings
Cost per Serving: $.69
More From Allyou
Amount per serving
- Calories: 242
- Fat: 15g
- Saturated fat: 6g
- Protein: 4g
- Carbohydrate: 30g
- Fiber: 4g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
- Sodium: 4mg
- 1 cup almonds, pecans or walnuts
- 1 pound chocolate, finely chopped
- 1 cup dried fruit, such as cranberries, raisins or sour cherries
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spread nuts evenly on a baking sheet and toast in oven for 10 minutes. Coarsely chop nuts and set aside.
- Line same baking sheet with parchment or waxed paper. Place half of chocolate in a medium saucepan and heat over medium heat, stirring constantly until melted. Remove from heat, add remaining chocolate and stir occasionally until smooth.
- Stir nuts and fruit into chocolate and then pour mixture onto paper on baking sheet, spreading 1/4 to 1/2 inch thick. Let cool at room temperature until set, about 2 hours. (You can refrigerate chocolate to speed process, but chocolate may discolor.)
- Break bark into large, jagged pieces and wrap in cellophane or pack in boxes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This