- 1/2 cup rice flour (see notes)
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon ground dried turmeric
- 1/4 cup canned coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons thinly sliced green onion, including tops
- 1 tablespoon salad oil
- 1/2 pound bean sprouts (1 quart), rinsed and crisped
- 6 ounces shelled cooked tiny shrimp, rinsed and drained
- Seasoned fish sauce
- calories 296
- caloriesfromfat 29 %
- protein 16 g
- fat 9.7 g
- satfat 4.4 g
- carbohydrate 36 g
- fiber 1.7 g
- sodium 136 mg
- cholesterol 111 mg
How to Make It
In a bowl, mix rice flour, cornstarch, and turmeric. Add 1 cup water (see notes) and the coconut milk, and whisk to blend. Stir in green onion.
Set a 12-inch nonstick frying pan (about 10 inches across bottom) over high heat. When pan is hot, add 1 teaspoon oil and tilt to coat bottom.
Stir rice flour batter to blend. Pour 1/2 cup batter into pan all at once and tilt pan to cover entire bottom evenly.
Distribute 1/3 of the bean sprouts and 1/3 of the shrimp evenly over half the crepe. Cook, uncovered, until crepe is browned and crisp on the bottom, 7 to 10 minutes. Fold plain side over filled side, then slide crepe onto an ovenproof plate. Keep warm in a 200° regular or convection oven up to 25 minutes. Repeat to cook 2 more crepes. Add seasoned fish sauce to taste