We made these for a Scholarship tea at the local community college. They were a huge hit. You can see all about it at my blog: http://iwannabemewhenigrowup.blogspot.com/2012/05/ivy-tech-teathe-prep.html
Cracker Spoons with Creamy Pimiento Cheese
Photo: Jennifer Davick; Styling: Lydia Degaris Pursell
More From Southern Living
Total: 1 Hour, 20 Minutes
- 1 1/2 (14.1-oz.) package refrigerated piecrusts
- 1 egg white, beaten
- 3/4 teaspoon seasoned salt
- Parchment paper
- Creamy Pimiento Cheese
- Garnishes: diced pimiento, chopped fresh chives
- 1. Preheat oven to 400°. Unroll piecrusts; brush with egg white, and sprinkle with seasoned salt (about 1/4 tsp. per crust). Cut dough into shapes using a 4 1/2- or 5-inch teaspoon-shaped cutter. Place cutouts 1 inch apart on parchment paper-lined baking sheets.
- 2. Bake, in batches, at 400° for 9 to 11 minutes or until lightly browned and crisp. Remove from baking sheets to a wire rack, and cool completely (about 20 minutes). Store in an airtight container 1 day, or freeze up to 2 weeks.
- 3. Spoon Creamy Pimiento Cheese into a zip-top plastic freezer bag. (Do not seal.) Snip 1 corner of bag to make a small hole. Pipe pimiento cheese onto end of each spoon.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note