- 3/4 cup unpopped popcorn
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine
- 1/4 cup light corn syrup
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup raw peanuts, toasted
- Pop popcorn, and place in a lightly greased 15-x 10-x 1-inch jellyroll pan. Set aside.
- Combine sugar, butter, syrup, molasses, and salt in a large saucepan. Bring to a boil; boil 5 minutes, stirring constantly. Remove from heat; stir in soda and peanuts.
- Pour hot syrup over popcorn in prepared pan, stirring until evenly coated. Bake at 200° for 1 hour, stirring every 15 minutes to separate pieces. Cool and store in an airtight container.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note