Cracker Jack Caramel Sundaes
Time: 15 minutes. No ball game would be complete without the traditional peanuts and Cracker Jack. These sundaes give you both. You can use store-bought Cracker Jack (the cook gets to keep the prize) or make your own with gourmet caramel corn and salty Spanish peanuts.
More From Sunset
- Calories: 664
- Calories from fat: 56%
- Protein: 9g
- Fat: 41g
- Saturated fat: 21g
- Carbohydrate: 71g
- Fiber: 0.5g
- Sodium: 188mg
- Cholesterol: 115mg
- 1 3/4 cups sugar, divided
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 cups whipping cream, divided
- 2 pts. vanilla ice cream
- 2 cups caramel corn and 1 cup salted roasted Spanish peanuts; or 3 cups Cracker Jack
- 1. In a medium saucepan, bring 1 1/2 cups sugar and 1/4 cup water to a boil over medium heat. Cook without stirring until mixture starts to turn a deep reddish brown, 6 to 8 minutes. Then gently swirl the pan to color evenly, remove from heat, and add butter and 1 cup whipping cream, stirring constantly (mixture will boil furiously). Let cool slightly.
- 2. Whisk remaining 1 cup whipping cream and remaining 1/4 cup sugar in a medium bowl until soft peaks form.
- 3. Scoop about 1/2 cup ice cream into each serving bowl. Pour 2 tbsp. warm sauce over ice cream (you will have a little extra), then top each with 1/4 cup caramel corn and 2 tbsp. peanuts. Dollop portions with whipped cream.
- Note: Nutritional analysis is per serving.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note