delicious. and whoever rated the recipe without making it and posted just to be critical - that's ridiculous. if you don't find it a light recipe, DON'T MAKE IT.
Cracker Jack Brownie Sundae
Brownies and Cracker Jacks both debuted at the 1893 World's Colombian Exposition in Chicago. Chefs at the city's still-operating Palmer Hotel created the brownie. The "brownie" in this recipe is similar to flourless cake--decadently dense and fudgy.
More From Cooking Light
Total: 58 Minutes
- Calories: 318
- Calories from fat: 19%
- Fat: 6.8g
- Saturated fat: 3.6g
- Monounsaturated fat: 1.7g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.3g
- Protein: 5.6g
- Carbohydrate: 57.3g
- Fiber: 2.1g
- Cholesterol: 33mg
- Iron: 1.1mg
- Sodium: 215mg
- Calcium: 88mg
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup fat-free milk
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour (about 1 ounce)
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Cooking spray
- 2 1/4 cups vanilla reduced-fat ice cream (such as Healthy Choice)
- 1 cup fat-free caramel sundae syrup
- 1 cup Cracker Jacks, coarsely chopped
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Place first 3 ingredients in a large bowl; beat with a mixer at medium speed until well blended (about 2 minutes). Add egg; beat 2 minutes or until pale. Place chocolate chips in a small microwave-safe bowl, and microwave at high in 20-second intervals until completely melted, stirring after each interval. Add chocolate to sugar mixture; beat until combined. Stir in milk.
- Lightly spoon flour into a dry measuring cup; level with a knife. Combine flour, unsweetened cocoa, and salt; add to sugar mixture, stirring just until batter is blended.
- Scrape batter into an 8-inch square baking dish coated with cooking spray. Bake at 375° for 18 minutes or until completely set. Cool to room temperature in pan on a wire rack. Cut brownies into 9 equal portions.
- Place one brownie portion on each of 9 small plates; top each brownie with 1/4 cup ice cream and about 1 1/2 tablespoons caramel syrup. Sprinkle chopped Cracker Jacks evenly over sundaes. Serve immediately.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note