This pizza was sooo good! I made prepared it just as written and served it with a mixed green salad with a balsamic drizzle. I wanted to go back for seconds!
Cracker-Crust Mushroom Pizza
Photo: Kiyoshi Togashi; Styling: Sarah Smart
Yield: Serves 4 (serving size: 2 wedges)
More From Cooking Light
Total: 1 Hour, 10 Minutes
Amount per serving
- Calories: 226
- Fat: 8.3g
- Saturated fat: 2.6g
- Monounsaturated fat: 3.7g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.7g
- Protein: 10.2g
- Carbohydrate: 31g
- Fiber: 1.4g
- Cholesterol: 10mg
- Iron: 1.7mg
- Sodium: 577mg
- Calcium: 246mg
- 5 tablespoons warm water (100° to 110°)
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon active dry yeast
- 3.5 ounces bread flour (about 3/4 cup)
- 3 tablespoons semolina flour
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh rosemary
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Cooking spray
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 4 ounces sliced shiitake mushroom caps
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 tablespoon cornmeal
- 1/4 cup lower-sodium marinara sauce (such as McCutcheon's)
- 2 ounces shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese (about 1/2 cup)
- 2 tablespoons grated fresh Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- 1. To prepare crust, combine 5 tablespoons water, 1 teaspoon oil, and yeast in a bowl. Let stand 2 minutes. Weigh or lightly spoon 3.5 ounces bread flour into dry measuring cups; level with a knife. Sprinkle bread flour over yeast mixture. Add semolina flour, rosemary, and salt. Stir until just combined. Turn dough onto counter; knead 1 minute. Place dough in a medium bowl coated with cooking spray, turning to coat top. Cover and place in a warm place, free from drafts, 40 minutes.
- 2. Position an oven rack in lowest setting. Place a pizza stone on lowest rack. Preheat oven and pizza stone to 500°; leave stone in oven 30 minutes.
- 3. To prepare topping, heat a nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add 2 teaspoons oil; swirl. Add mushrooms; sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoon salt. Sauté for 2 minutes. Add garlic and pepper; sauté 3 minutes.
- 4. Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface. Roll dough out to a thin 14-inch circle. Transfer dough to a baking sheet dusted with cornmeal. Brush the dough with 1 teaspoon oil. Slide dough onto the preheated pizza stone, using a spatula as a guide. Reduce oven temperature to 475°; bake 5 minutes. Remove from oven. Spread sauce over crust, leaving a 1/2-inch border; top with mozzarella cheese, mushroom mixture, and Parmigiano. Bake 4 minutes or until crust is browned. Slice pizza into 8 wedges.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note