- 3 cups apple cider
- 1 1/2 cups bulghur wheat
- 2 small apples, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 2 oranges, sectioned
- 1 (8-ounce) package pitted dates, sliced
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons grated orange rind
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
How to Make It
Bring cider to a boil in a medium saucepan; stir in bulghur wheat. Cover, remove from heat, and let stand 2 hours. Pour mixture through a wire-mesh strainer, pressing with back of spoon; discard cider. Transfer bulghur wheat to a bowl. Stir in apple chunks, orange sections, and dates.
Whisk oil and next 3 ingredients until blended; pour over salad, and toss gently. Chill.
Bake pecans in a shallow pan at 350°, stirring occasionally, 5 to 10 minutes or until toasted; cool. Stir into salad, and serve immediately.