- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine
- 1/4 cup minced onion
- 2 garlic cloves, pressed
- 1 (8-ounce) container sour cream
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 2 to 3 teaspoons cracked pepper
- 8 ounces linguine, cooked
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- Garnish: fresh parsley sprigs
How to Make It
Melt butter in a small skillet over medium-high heat; add onion and garlic, and sauté until crisp-tender. Remove mixture from heat, and cool slightly.
Stir in sour cream, milk, and pepper. Toss with pasta. Sprinkle with cheese and parsley. Garnish, if desired. Makes 4 servings.
For Lemon Linguine, substitute 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice for milk. Decrease pepper to 1/2 teaspoon, and add 1 tablespoon grated lemon rind.