These are so easy to make and just delicious. I use half Lucques and half castelvetrano olives and I don't add any salt. The flavors develop over the first couple days and the fresh tarragon in this is just spectacular. Jarred they make a great gift.
Cracked Green Olives With Fennel
Photo: Thomas J. Story; Styling: Dan Becker
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 202
- Calories from fat: 86%
- Protein: 0.3g
- Fat: 21g
- Saturated fat: 1.9g
- Carbohydrate: 4.6g
- Fiber: 0.3g
- Sodium: 998mg
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- 1 jar or can (about 10 oz.) green olives with pits
- 1 teaspoon fennel seed
- 1 piece orange peel, about 1/8 in. wide and 3 in. long
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh tarragon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1. Drain olives and discard brine. Using the back of a spoon, press each olive just hard enough to crack it open. Leave pit in.
- 2. Put olives in a small bowl and add remaining ingredients. Turn to coat. Serve right away or let marinate, chilled, up to 1 month.
- Note: Nutritional analysis is per serving.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Appetizers